The Emergency Assistance Program...
is designed to give financial assistance and counseling to those in need.
This is done through:
- Interviewing the client
- Making appropriate referrals to other agencies and professionals in the community.
This program is NOT
- ... a "hand out". Along with our financial assistance comes responsibility. The client must show a desire to change their present situation of dependency to one of independence. If a client does not follow through with the agreed upon plan, he or she will not be assisted in the future.
- ... for the client who receives all the government subsidies and who is not trying to change.
This program IS:
- ..."a hand up". It is our desire to help clients identify their core problem (depression, alcoholism, lack of budgeting skills, lack of education / training) so that we are able to address that rather than simply treating the client's problems (utilities, food, rent, etc..).
- ... for the person who is falling through the cracks of our system, i.e. the working poor person with catastrophic illnesses or someone in a temporary crisis.
How to Get Help
- If you are seeking assistance, you will need to come in to our office for an interview.
- Interviews are normally on Monday-Thursday. We take appointments via telephone on Friday mornings at 8am.
- The appointments are made for the following week on a first call first served basis.
Please follow the instructions left on the voicemail when calling for an appointment. We are limited on the number of clients we can see every day. If for some reason our office is closed for interviews, a sign will be posted on the door in advance, unless in case of emergencies.
For an appointment call our direct line on Friday morning: 864-226-2273