WHO WE ARE
Without the combined efforts of our staff and our community partnerships, we wouldn’t be able to give hope and change lives every day! We are so thankful for all who help us make a difference.
Early in 1989, members of the community of faith in Anderson gathered to discuss how the needs of the community were being met. There was concern for the need to prevent the duplication of assistance and better serve needs in the community.
With knowledge of successful programs in other cities, this group of church members hoped to form an organization of Anderson churches and individuals to serve as a clearinghouse for Anderson’s citizens in need.
On May 7, 1990 Anderson Interfaith Ministries opened its doors at 618 S. Manning Street in a rent-free building. Since then, AIM has grown to occupy seven buildings on its campus, now located at 1202 S. Murray Avenue, and house a continuum of services. It is because of the philosophy of collaboration and development of community partnerships that AIM has been able to improve and develop their existing programs.